Frequently asked questions

I work on my own, but a relative does my book-keeping for me. Do I need Employer’s Liability insurance?

Yes. If anyone does work for you, whether full time or part time, regular or occasional you are required by law to have Employer’s Liability cover.

I sometimes need to use my car for business purposes, such as delivering a package to a customer. Am I covered under my private motor policy?

You do need to have ‘business use’ noted on your private motor policy. Check your insurance certificate and if it isn’t already included, speak to your insurer who will add it for you.

If I buy business insurance online, how do I know if I’ve bought the right insurance?

My Insurance Partner is just that, an expert partner to help you get the right insurance. You purchase online then we review your policy and get in touch if we think you need something different.

If I have a problem with my insurance can I speak to someone?

Of course. We are here to help, so get in touch by phone during office hours on 01684 215000 or email us at and we’ll call you back. For claims, use the emergency numbers for assistance anytime.